Wow! Our Speak to Thrive Summit last Saturday was a blast!
Were you there?
Sharing some of my favorite moments from the summit:
1. My entire family watched the summit! They were in our sala downstairs watching via our TV set while I was LIVE upstairs. Thank you, family!!!
2. The panel discussion was so much fun! It was like hanging out with friends. Everyone in the panel is my friend!
3. I love Andrew Matthews’ talk! So simple yet so powerful and meaningful!
4. So proud of the graduates of The 90-Day Speak to Thrive Challenge!
5. My music video! Hahaha! (Speaking of which, it’s now LIVE on YouTube. Will share the link later).
6. I love the world-class feels of the summit! It was so professionally done! Woohoo!
I’m also very particular with time and I love how we started at exactly 1:56PM with a countdown timer and ended the program at exactly 6:02PM.
7. My team was so fun to work with. The night before the summit, we were sharing photos of food in our group chat. We had an advance Pizza Party because we had to stay up late to finish all the preps. We had an After Party right after the summit.
8. There were minor technical glitches and I love how we handled it with laughter, flexibility, and creativity.
9. I love how engaged the participants were. Over 7k views on FB and YT and over 1,400 comments on FB! Woah! Thank you! We love you!
10. My friends prayed for our summit and dropped by to watch and show their support. What a blessing to have such supportive friends!
In case you missed it, here are some photo snippets.
My heart is very happy.
You can watch the replay via YouTube through this link. https://youtu.be/EkB8f5XQl5c
Andrew Matthews is also so generous! He gave a free gift to the attendees of the summit! If you missed the summit, don’t worry, he’s extending the gift to you. You can simply go to https://andrewmatthews.com/write
During the summit, I showed the participants my music video wherein I did a cover for the song True Colors.
Part of the lyrics of the song says,
I see your true colors
That’s why I love you.
Oftentimes, we hide parts of ourselves that we feel are unacceptable.
We deny and shun away our uncomfortable emotions like sadness, anger, disappointment, etc.
We wear masks to hide our weaknesses.
The truth is, everything about you is beautiful and lovable.
Let me give an analogy.
I have close friends and one of the privileges I have is seeing their struggles and weaknesses.
I see things their followers on social media don’t see.
I see them because they share their weaknesses and struggles with me.
And you know what? Though I know their weaknesses and struggles, my love for them doesn’t diminish.
On the contrary, their imperfections make me love them even more, even deeper, and even truer!
I see my close friends’ true colors and that’s why I love them.
In my own life, I see my true colors and that’s why I love myself.
During the Speak to Thrive Summit, one of my guy friends messaged me and said,
“Sha, you look blooming! I guess you’ve already met your Mr. Right!”
“Hahaha! Thank you! My Mr. Right is still on his way to me but I have already found my inner joy.
This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life.”
I am so happy because I have learned and I continue to learn to love everything about me — my strengths, my weaknesses, my struggles, my bloopers, my failures, my mistakes. Everything has a space in my life.
Dr. Peggy Delong once said during one of our interviews for the World Gratitude Summit that the depth by which you can feel joy is in relation to the depth by which you can feel sadness.
It means that if you know how to feel your sadness, you know how to feel your happiness.
Oftentimes, we shun off our sadness. I am not a psychologist but what I observed is that sometimes, we numb those uncomfortable, painful emotions. This is the reason why our happiness can be shallow or superficial.
Allow yourself to see your true colors.
Allow yourself to feel all your emotions — the uplifting ones and the uncomfortable, painful ones.
This is why I chose to do the cover for the song True Colors.
Sing along with me and sing True Colors to yourself. There’s lyrics on screen in my music video.
Here’s the song on YouTube.
Play this as often as you want to get inspired! Keep singing this to yourself.
Fun fact! I’ve probably played this song over 100 times already.
This is now my favorite song and I am now my favorite singer! Hahaha!
Love yourself! You are beautiful and lovable!
P.S.1 We have upcoming events on Saturday, July 31.
I’m going to speak at the Money & Millennials Summit from 1:00PM – 2:30PM PH/SG time. It’s more of an interview on book writing, speaking, online courses, etc.
We’ll have the Book Launch of the Graduates of The 90-Day Book Writing Challenge at 3:00PM – 6:00PM PH/SG time. You can tune in at http://fb.com/ShaNacinoPage so make sure we’re connected there.
P.S.2. May the song True Colors remind you how beautiful and lovable you are — exactly as you are!
Sing along with me, we put the lyrics on screen for you. And yes, you can share the song on your Facebook wall! Together, let’s spread love and inspiration!
Let me know your comments via YouTube? Can’t wait to hear from you!